Hi everybody. I am Luck. People call me lucky but only when they feel that I’ve exercised my power on their destiny otherwise, they tale the detestable ‘un’ behind me.

I don’t know my age, but I am on people’s lips since….time immemorial….I guess..
I reside in a coin..no.. in a bracelet..no.. in a friendship band..na..in a leaf..no..no..in a dress..no.. yesterday a little girl was telling that her earrings are lucky for her…but… today a man told his wife that she was his lucky charm.. Oh! I can’t give you my definite address you see. But you don’t need one because I am always around you. I always try to make you win a lottery or a game, spare you from your teacher’s scolding miraculously, make you meet your that “special someone”, and even help you to pass in exams by providing a lenient examiner in a merciful mood to your otherwise almost blank answer sheets. Yes, you very sweetly acknowledge and thank me and say “I’m the luckiest person in the world.” Oh how happy I feel after getting such recognition.
But whenever I fail to do so then ah….you shower such pricking, piercing, pinching curses on me. Don’t I feel bad? Look, I’m one and I’ve more than 6 billion people to look after. When I’m busy with an expecting mother in labor or when I’m with a blind man crossing road then I find a boy looking at his not so good progress report card and uttering “Gosh my luck is so bad”. See, now what can I do? Was it not his responsibility to have done hard work to overcome his so called “hard luck”? You know, in these cases, if an endeavor is backed up by a hard work then the task becomes easier for me as I get a strong helping hand.
So please stop breaking my heart and understand my plight because I feel very bad when I fail to help you. And yes, make sure that you always contribute some of your bit to my tough job. Have a lucky day!!

6 dew drops on the rose:

Manjari Shukla said...

The Article as usual shows your labour & talent, a nice attempt & very pleasing to read. after reading it I started thinking a song.....you know which song, its from your favourite movie......arre yaar its.........OYE LUCKY,LUCKY OYE.....Isse zyada nahi likh sakti.........KEEP THE GOOD SPIRIT,& A LUCKY DAY TO U 2 MY SWEETHEART........KEEP SMILING.........

Think Tank said...

@Manjari can u plz be less formal in your appreciation behna? 'labour' and 'talent'

@abhi greattt post ...seriously the beginning had me hooked. The second part was a bit didactic, but as i say u n manjari should do motivational writing :)

Lucifer said...

now that is wat i call a brilliant post...

Priya Joyce said...

wow wat a post.....how beautifully said...

Femin Susan said...

Your posting is very interesting... I really enjoyed reading this post. Keep writing..

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Abhilasha:)

Greetings:)

I am amazed at the wonderful way in which you have explained lady LUCK. I fully agree with you. She is definitely with those who do their part.

But winning a lottery ticket also involves luck. In this case the person who buys the ticket does sweet nothing. I can't find an answer for this.Is there really luck involved? If you really look at it millions become unlucky for one person to become lucky. I have bought lottery tickets several times to get rich quickly, so far luck has eluded me. I am still hoping for luck to favor me in winning a lottery ticket.

I enjoyed reading this well written post which contains immense wisdom.

Have a nice day Abhilasha:)
Joseph